This page has moved to a new address.

Taking Breaks....

Natural Kids: Taking Breaks....

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Taking Breaks....

And the winner is....sorry, the drawing will be this afternoon when my daughter returns from school. She insisted to be the one to draw the name out of the hat. So stay tuned! I will contact the winner later today! The answer was of course: BTRT also known as http://www.BeneathTheRowanTree.etsy.com/

One has to simply love the bright colors she uses on her felted toys!





OMG. I cannot believe it is October 1. The Christmas madness has started. So many projects on my workbench. Anyone know where to find some elves? Can't keep up with custom orders. Got to send those pictures to FaerieRebecca for the advertising campaign. Finish the bio. Order more business cards. Order more boxes and shipping supplies. Write the Wednesday Blog entry...Make more doll clothes and stock up the store. 100 items. The magic number, they say. What? I have only one Christmas item in my store so far? What is wrong with you? All big stores have their Christmas displays going already. In the US the Christmas season starts in July, right?







I am so00000000 stressed! I don't want to yell at the kids but find myself doing it anyways.

So to all you hard working etsy shop owners and mamas I want to say: Don't forget to relax!



It is important to take breaks! You feel like you should be making items 24 hours a day. Now is the time when people want it. But don't forget the family! And don't forget to take good care of yourself! Hence, I put the picture above. Take a relaxing shower and put some of that cream on those aching, hard working muscles. Please, http://www.truevineherbs.com/ WE NEED MORE listings for THESE!

Have a cup of tea! Take your kid for a walk to the park instead of making another little doll dress. Spend an evening with a good book instead of sewing...


I know it's hard, when you feel there is so much to do and not enough time to do it. But last night I started in on this amazing, wonderful book by Jhumpa Lahiri, The Namesake. If you are looking for a good read: Go for that one! It explains a lot about the immigrant experience. OMG, was that me talking in that book?



Take Care and have Great Week!

Hugs, Ulla

http://www.germandolls.etsy.com/

4 Comments:

Blogger janina said...

good reminder, I think I need to take a night off (how will everything get done-will tomorrow be too busy if I take a break today???)
:)

October 1, 2008 at 5:33 PM  
Blogger MaDau Creations - Cat said...

Great reminder Ulla! My mom and I were just discussing what needs to get done realizing how far behind we had gotten with vacation, our first two sales/custom orders and now, the class we are teaching. Ach! I need those herbs True Vine and a good cup o'tea Jasmine I think....

October 1, 2008 at 6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great advice....it sure is hard to force yourself to stop going going going when so much has to be done,but so necessary. I love that book too!

October 2, 2008 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger amy turn sharp said...

good advice!!!!

October 9, 2008 at 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home