This page has moved to a new address.

Book Review - The Lone Bull

Natural Kids: Book Review - The Lone Bull

Monday, August 22, 2011

Book Review - The Lone Bull






Oh, how I love this story, never have I met such a good-natured bull ...











The Story of Ferdinand ~ by Munro Leaf (Author), and Robert Lawson (Illustrator)



"all the other bulls who had grown up with him in the same pasture would fight each other all day. They would butt each other and stick each other with their horns.What they wanted most of all was to be picked to fight at the bull fights in Madrid ...But not Ferdinand."


I have read this story many times to my girl when she was young ... the book was even wrapped up nicely by my daughter and put under the Christmas tree one year when my girl who noticed how fond I was of Ferdinand .. she thought I should certainly have a few more special presents just for me.

There is so much to be admired about a little bull who knows how to listen to his heart and happily sits among the flowers and underneath a cork tree in a little pasture in Spain ... instead of butting heads as the other little bulls do.



Though it is not always easy to stand alone or stand out ...how important for our little folks (and ourselves) to know that we can. By the way did you notice the "cork tree"? ... Or all the boo boos and bandages the other little bulls are sporting?.


reprinted from original post by prettydreamer from "whither will i wander"












Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home